In the early 1900s, bowls was popular with both men and women, originally the men had a green on the Castle Gardens site, and the ladies on Blackpool Road.
the present site was donated in 1917, with the men and ladies finally uniting to form a single club, providing crown green bowling.
The club is run as a not for profit organisation for the benefit of the local community.
Why not give it a try or simply become a member, hundreds of locals already enjoy the recreational and social activities provided.
Carleton Bowling and Social Club is a members-only club providing a crown green bowling green with a modern bar area.
Live football is shown on the 85-inch screen and we show all Sky and BT Sports matches.
We have a large room available to hire for special occasions or funerals and a smaller 25-person capacity room with a bar upstairs.
Members can sign in a guest a max of 3 times before they must join.